REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REI)
The deadline was extended until September 29, 2017
Country: Republic of Moldova
Project Title: Component “The National Harm Reduction Resource Centre” of the Project „Strengthening HIV control in the Republic of Moldova, 2015-2017”
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for elaboration of guidelines and consolidation of the national team of trainers on issues of universal prevention, HIV and Harm Reduction.
Subcontract No: 05/SP-H-NFM/2015
The Public Association “Union for HIV prevention and harm reduction” has received financing from the PAS Centre, within the financial support of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and intends to apply part of the funds for contracting an individual consultant or a team of individual consultants that will provide consulting services.
The consulting services include the elaboration of guidelines: Trainer’s Guide and Participant’s Manual, on the subjects: ‘Life with HIV’ and ‘Universal prevention’ and the creation and consolidation of the national team of trainers through three (3) TOT sessions for the national team of trainers, on issues of universal prevention, HIV and Harm Reduction.
The Public Association “Union for HIV prevention and harm reduction” (UORN) now invites eligible Individual “Consultant/s” to indicate interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultant/s should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Qualification requirements and basis for evaluation (evaluation criteria) are:
- General experience – 30 points
- Strong knowledge in HIV, Harm Reduction and universal prevention and proven experience in the field;
- Minimum holds three (3) years’ experience on similar tasks with well-known Institutions/ Organizations from Civil society/Universities or other entities.
- Experience in elaborating guidelines and methodological materials;
- Experience in developing, planning and organizing trainings for trainers;
- Adequacy for Project (description of similar assignments) – 40 points
- Skills and results in the provision of similar duties and experience in working with non-governmental organizations.
- Practical work experience in the provision of training services;
- Provide at least three examples of the similar work in Moldova, countries similar to Moldova (in development and within the situation in the field) or Europe. Basically this is a description of similar assignments in similar socio-economic conditions.
- Language and relevant experience (availability of appropriate skills) – 30 points
- Knowledge of both English and Russian are a preference although the work will be done in Russian only;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Russian, to deliver complex documents, reports, and coordination of the TOTs;
- Minimum three (3) years’ relevant experience in the field;
- A capability statement indicating a proposed approached;
Due to the nature of this assignment only Consultant/s possessing demonstrable knowledge, experience, expertise and performance in similar tasks or work done in this field of activities are encouraged to participate. To enhance their qualifications, consultants may associate.
If interested Consultant/s may send their application, filled in Russian or English that will consist of:
- CV outlining the competence and experience relevant to the assignment; and
- Cover letter outlining the qualification information on the consultants’ experience.
The selection of consultants will be carried out in accordance with the Individual Consultant procurement procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (June 2014).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 17.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 4:00 p.m. local Moldova time on or before 29th of September, 2017.
The Public Association “Union for HIV prevention and harm reduction” (UORN)
Victoriei Street, 7A, MD-3100, Balti, Moldova
Iaţco Ala, chairperson of UORN /+373/79571441; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or to
Buzovici Oxana, Coordinator of the Harm Reduction Centre, UORN /+373/69029033; e-mail: email@example.com